News & Events
BridgeWays Ramps Up VMware Support for
Microsoft System Center
New VMware Management Pack brings enhanced monitoring of virtual servers to avoid performance degradation and ensure 100% availability
New York, NY — Feb 9, 2011 — BridgeWays today announced that it has ramped up virtualization support for Microsoft System Center with a new major release of its VMware Management Pack that brings enhanced centralized monitoring of virtual servers to mixed-platform enterprise data centers, including support for the latest VMware feature set. Expanded knowledge articles now dig into the issues that trigger alerts, and preemptively suggest how they can be resolved.
The new BridgeWays VMware Management Pack goes beyond basic alert monitoring to deliver deep support for detailed parameters to help address performance issues before they arise. PRO Enabled integration with System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) generates PRO Tip alerts via the centralized Operations Manager for hosts, virtual machines, and datastores.
"Issuing basic alerts is the easy part, and they often come too late to avoid costly downtime and service disruptions," said Andreas Typaldos, CEO of BridgeWays. "The extensive preemptive monitoring in the BridgeWays VMware Management Pack helps reduce outages in virtual environments, and cut in half the manual intervention required."
Since its last release in the Fall of 2009, our BridgeWays VMware Management Pack has enjoyed wide adoption and praises by Fortune 1000 companies worldwide. We expect this new VMware Management Pack release, the first of many major new BridgeWays Management Pack releases to come from us in 2011, would further increase our adoption rate and market share significantly. The new BridgeWays VMware Management Pack provides tight integration with System Center Operations Manager, right down to the centralized storage of credentials through RunAs accounts. Exclusive and detailed performance and capacity reports are also bundled with the management pack as good value add-ons for our customers. Other enterprise-level features include snapshot tracking, expanded KB articles, VDI monitoring, and support for vSphere 4.1 and Virtual Appliances. Further enhancements include:
- The ability to provision VMware Server monitoring credentials after installation eases deployment and improves control over security.
- New properties are collected, including server type, version, and VMware build.
- Performance metrics for all Virtual Center Win32 services are now discovered and monitored.
- Enhanced support is provided for VMware clusters.
- Host monitoring enhancements include local console partitions on ESX servers, convenient display of log file entries for any host from the Operations Manager console, and the generation of diagnostic bundles.
- Additional support is provided for monitoring and upgrading VMware tools and snapshot tracking.
- There is full support of virtual appliances, including the collection and monitoring of performance data.
- Distributed virtual switches and support groups are monitored.
- VMware and BridgeWays events and alarms are now displayed.
- VMware desktop virtualization is now discovered and monitored.
The full line of BridgeWays management packs includes support for Oracle, DB2, and MySQL databases, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, and WebLogic JEE servers, along with VMware ESX and Windows Hyper-V virtualization.
BridgeWays Management Packs reduce IT costs through proactive consolidated monitoring of Windows, Linux, and UNIX applications and VMware environments, on Microsoft System Center Operations Manager. BridgeWays enables organizations to leverage a best of breed approach, applying service and health models to the systems that run their business from a single console. BridgeWays is a division of Xandros, headquartered in New York, with R&D offices in Ottawa, San Diego, Bracknell, Frankfurt, Mumbai, and Taipei and sales and support offices worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bridgeways.ca.
BridgeWays media contact:
Stephen E. Harris
VP of Communications
BridgeWays sales and other inquiries: 1-613-842-3494